Uniform MEIS Across Country Groups Notified
· Landing Certificate Not Required under MEIS
· LDC Group Gets MEIS from 2% to 4%
· All Countries in 2787 Lines Get Same Benefits
[DGFT Public Notice No. 06 dated 4th May 2016]
Effect of Public Notice:- Amendments in Table 2 [containing ITC (HS) code wise list of products with reward rates] of Appendix 3B under the Merchandise Exports India Scheme (MEIS) are notified. MEIS Scheme covers 5012 lines. 2787 lines required submission of proof of landing as reward was not available for all markers. Henceforth, Landing Certificate shall not be required under MEIS.
Subject: Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) – Amendments in Table 2 [containing ITC (HS) code wise list of products with reward rates] of Appendix 3B.
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 1.03 of the Foreign Trade Policy 2015-2020, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendments.
1. Addition of markets in 2787 lines, as per annexure to this Public Notice, with immediate effect in Table 2 [containing ITC (HS) code wise list and description of goods with reward rates under MEIS] of Appendix 3B (notified through Annexure to Public Notice No.2 dated April 1, 2015 and amended through Public Notice No.27 dated July 14, 2015, Public Notice No.28 dated July 16, 2015 and Public Notice No.44 dated October 29, 2015)
2. Exports made prior to the date of this Public Notice and exports effected from the date of this Public Notice cannot be clubbed in one application. i.e. separate application is required to be filed for the exports made prior to the date of issuance of this Public Notice and exports effected from the date of issuance of this public notice.