Cargo Movement Procedure of Heavy Odd Dimension Cargo
The following Facility Notice was issued by the Commissioner of Customs (Export) Air Cargo Complex, Mumbai on 14th June 2010
[Customs Facility Notice No. 08 dated 14th June 2010]
Movement, of “odd dimension Import/Export cargo weighing more than 250 Kg”, under the supervision of Customs Preventive Officer posted at the gate No.4 (numbered as Gate 4I) is governed by procedure prescribed in Facility Notice No. 12/2005 dated 4.7.2005.
2. By virtue of design of Cargo Complex, the aforesaid movements of cargo, one coming in and the other moving out, occur in the area immediately behind the AI/MIAL/APEDA Export Sheds known as the Chain Link Fence (CLF) area. It is natural that to an extent import cargo movement through the CLF may coincide with heightened export related activity involving cut-off times for export shipments, especially during evening and night hours.
3. As one measure of enabling lesser congestion in CLF area behind the export sheds during the peak hours for exports in the evenings, MIAL shall provide option whereby CHA/Importer may voluntarily choose to defer delivery and removal of import cargo involving movement through that area to the next morning hours between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. by using the same Gate Pass and without any demurrage charge applicable, if any.
4. Presently, in the case of Import cargo movement via Gate 4I –
a) CHA/Importer furnishes requisite documents such as Out of Charge Bill of Entry and Gate Pass to the Preventive Officer posted at Gate No. 4I. The posting of Preventive Officer at Gate 4I is from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm to 11.30 pm. The Preventive Officer verifies the documents, marks & Nos. and seal, if any, of the packages and allows the cargo, after putting his signature on the Gate Pass. Bill of Entry is retained by Preventive Officer to forward to MCD for record.
b) Since Gate 4I is not yet provided EDI connectivity, CHA/Importer approaches concerned Preventive Officer at AI/NACIL or AAI/MIAL Heavy Gate, as the case may be, for feeding/entry of details in EDI System. These Preventive Officer are also posted from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm to 11.30 pm.
5. In order to give effect to the option (being provided by MIAL), a Preventive Officer from the respective Batch shall attend the required movement of import cargo as and when required at Gate 4I between 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. to 9.30 a.m., at which time the Preventive Officer whose duties are from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. posted at Gate 4I from Floating shall begin attending this function. Apart from making register entries, the Batch Preventive Officer shall, between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. – 9.30 a.m., retain the Bills of Entry and forward them to MCD for record. Further, during 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. – 9.30 a.m. the CHA/Importer shall approach the relevant Supdt. (Batch) for arranging feeding/entry of details in EDI System.
6. The procedure shall be reviewed when EDI connectivity is provided to Preventive Officer’s cabin at Gate 4I.
7. All Importers, CHAs, Custodians, Airlines, Trade Associations and all concerned are requested to take notice of the above facility.
F.NO. S/3-Prev.(Admn.)17/05 ACC