No Digital CoO Now for Thai and Vietnam Exports, Manual Certs Must
[DGFT Trade Notice No. 12/2020-2021 dated 22.05.2020]
Subject: Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin for India’s exports to Thailand and Vietnam under ASEAN-India FTA
Trade Notice 01/2020-2021 dated 07.04.2020 was issued in view of the movement restrictions in place due to COVID-19 pandemic in India wherein, the designated agencies were enabled to issue digitally signed electronic Certificates of Origin.
2. Further to this, various representations have been received from exporters expressing difficulties in obtaining preferential access in Thailand and Vietnam based on the digitally signed electronic Certificates of Origin.
3. In view of above, the earlier procedure of issuing physical copy of Certificate of Origin (CoO) by the designated agencies for exports to Thailand to Vietnam under ASEAN-India FTA is being restored. The CoO applications under ASEAN-India FTA for exports to Thailand and Vietnam should now be submitted manually by the exporters to the offices of the designated issuing agencies i.e. EIA, MPEDA and Textile Committee.
4. The e-platform (coo.dgft.gov.in) will not accept CoO applications submitted for exports destined to Thailand and Vietnam. However, the e-platform shall continue to accept and process CoO applications for export to other countries under ASEAN-India FTA.
5. These agencies (EIA, MPEDA and Textile Committee) will henceforth issue the Certificate of Origin in physical paper format as was being done before issuance of Trade Notice 01/2020-21 dated 07.04.2020 for Thailand and Vietnam, till further Notice.
6. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Issued from File No. 01/02/82/AM-19/EDI)