Re-credited 4% SAD DEPB/Reward Scheme Scrips use Extended upto 30 June 2011
[Ref: Public Notice No. 23/2011 dated 8 March 2011]
1. Attention OF ALL Exporters, Importers, Custom House Agent and Member of Trade and all concerned is invited to the Circular No. 27/2010-Customs dated 13.08.2010 & Public notice no. 123/2010 dtd. 01.12.2010 regarding procedure to be followed by the Customs field formations in case of 4% CVD refund claims.
2. The above Circular provides the facility of manual filing of Bill of Entry for utilizing the amount of re-credited 4% CVD (SAD) refunds for payment of duty in case of re-credited DEPB / Reward Scheme scrips upto 30.12.2010. However several representations have been received from trade and industry to extend the time upto 30th June 2011 for using re-credited 4% CVD (SAD) amount in DEPB as they have not been able to utilize the re-credited DEPB / Reward Scheme scrips within the stipulated time.
3. The matter has been examined by the Board in consultation with the Ministry of Commerce. Accordingly, it has been decided to extend the time limit for using re-credited DEPB / Reward Scheme scrips in case of 4% CVD (SAD) upto 30th June 2011.
4. This Public Notice issued only to extend time limit for using re-credited DEPB / Reward Scheme scrips in case of 4% CVD (SAD) upto 30th June 2011. All the contents in Public Notice No. 123/2010 dated 01.12.2010 remain unchanged.
5. Difficulties faced if any in implementation of this Circular may be brought to the notice to concerned Deputy/Asstt. Commissioner of Customs.
F.No.S/26-Misc- 68/2010-11 CRC(SAD) JNCH