24x7 Customs Clearance for Exports at Air Cargo Complex – Four Batches in Two Shift Operation
Same Day Clearance to Attract 20% Discount on Terminal Charges
[Air Cargo Complex Trade Facilitation Notice]
Following Trade Facilitation Measures have been taken to facilitate exports
· All kinds of Shipping Bills and EGMs can be filed 24x7, online via ICEGATE or at Customs Service Centre.
· 24 x 7 customs clearance facility (including Assessment and Examination of export cargo) has been introduced to cover all types of exports goods at Air Cargo Complex, Mumbai vide Public Notice No.01/2015 dated 02/01/2015, w.e.f. 14/01/2015.
· For the purpose of Assessment and Examination of export cargo, the Custom Officers are posted in Export-Sheds in four batches (i.e. A, B, C & D) for clearance of export goods on 24x7 basis in two shifts. The day shift is from 08.00 Hrs to 20.00 Hrs and night shift is from 20.00 to 08.00 hrs (next day).
· There is no time restriction for intake and registration of the cargo in all Export- Sheds. However, the custodians/ service providers are instructed to ensure safe storage and sufficient space for examination of the cargo.
· From Perishable Cargo Terminal (PCT) -Shed, following perishable goods can be exported:
(vii) Food Items.
(iv) Meat Products.
(ix) Blood Samples.
(x) Medical implants of Chapter 90
· Air Cargo website www.accmumbai.gov.in provides value added services such as providing status of Shipping Bills and Bills of Entry to subscribers; Touch Screen Display Systems facilitate information of status of documents to Trade. SMS facility is available for status of documents on four digit number '7827'.
· At the instance of the Customs to facilitate higher quantum of exports in the morning hours leading to better utilization of limited infrastructure resources, the starting time for Custodian issuing token for export vehicles to enter Air Cargo Complex has been changed from 11 am to 8 am to align with customs morning Shift at Export Shed; and Custodian MIAL introduced from 10.06.2010 onwards, a discount of 20% on Terminal charges for export cargo admitted and cleared by customs on the same day in the first shift from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm.
· Trade Facilitation Committee (TFC) meeting is conducted on 1st and 3rd Friday of every month.