Send Self Addressed Envelope with Drawback Supplementary Claim
The following Public Notice was issued by the Commissioner of Customs (Export) Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House on 5th March 2010.
[Customs Public Notice No. 29 dated 5th March 2010]
Sub: Procedure to be followed at the time of filing of Supplementary Claims under Drawback scheme.
It is for the information of all Exporters, Custom House Agents & the Trade that special measures are being taken to streamline the procedure of filing of Supplementary Claims under drawback scheme.
2. Under Rule 15 of the Customs, Central Excise Duties and Service Tax Drawback Rules, 1995 whenever an exporter finds that the amount of drawback paid to him is less than what he is entitled to on the basis of the amount of rate of drawback determined by the Central Government, he may prefer a Supplementary claim in the form of Annexure III within a period of three months from the date of settlement of original claim. Provided that the aforesaid period of three months may be extended by the Assistant Commissioner of Customs for a further period of nine months on being satisfied that the exporter was prevented by sufficient cause from filing his supplementary claim within the aforesaid period of three months.
3. Under Rule 17 of the Customs, Central Excise Duties and Service Tax Drawback Rules, 1995 the Central Government has power to condone the delay in filing of drawback claims beyond one year. In such cases the exporters have to get the delay condoned from the Central Government.
4. It is learnt that a number of Supplementary drawback claims filed by the exporters can not be processed being time barred. It is also ascertained that many a times the supplementary claim applications are not registered in the Drawback Section and as such become time barred.
5. All exporters are hereby required to submit a self-addressed envelope along with all the necessary documents at the time of filing of supplementary claims. Drawback Section on receipt of such applications shall scrutinize all the documents and after registering the claims under a particular file number shall send an acknowledgement to the exporter in the form of Annexure – A(Copy enclosed).
6. Any difficulty faced in implementing this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of Addl./ Asstt. Commissioner of Drawback Section, JNCH or the under signed, if not resolved.
Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House, Nhava-Sheva
Tal-Uran, Dist-Raigad-400 07.
We acknowledge the receipt of your application dated ________ for supplementary claim registered under F.No.SUPP/ / 2010 dated _________ in respect of the following Shipping Bills:
Supdt. of Customs
Drawback Section, JNCH.
F.No.: S/12-Gen-87/09 DBK JNCH