Additional Quota of 2.5 Lakh tonnes for Urad Import Released
· Online Applications will be received between 20.12.2019 to 31.12.2019
· Successful Applicants will have to Ensure that the Import Consignments of Urad Reaches the Indian Ports on or before 31.03.2020
[Trade Notice No. 43/2019-2020 dated 19 December 2019]
Subject: Laying down of modalities for import of additional Urad (2.5 Lakh MT) for the fiscal year 2019 - 2020.
Ministry of Commerce and Industry vide Notification dated 18th December, 2019 has increased the import quota of Urad from 1.5 Lakh MT to 4 Lakh MT. Trade Notice No. 42/2019-2020 dated 19.12.2019 refers in this regard. The Policy Condition in the above notification lays down that the import shall be allowed only to the Millers/Refiners as per procedure to be notified by DGFT.
2. As per Trade Notice No.06/2019-20 dated 16.04.2019, 1.5 lakh MT of Urad has already been allocated. Additional quantity of 2.5 lakh MT of Urad is to be further allocated for import during the fiscal year 2019-20.
3. Accordingly, applications are invited online from the intending millers/refiners (having own refining/processing capacity) of pulses/peas for its import as per ANF-2M of FTP 2015-20 to DGFT. The applicant may visit the following link: https://dgftebrc.nic.in:8090/NEGLIST/isp/Login.isp. Further a copy of the application submitted online along with requisite documents (as laid down below) and proof of fees may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(i) For each refining/processing unit, applicants shall provide self-certified copy of a document issued by Central/State/District Authorities, indicating its refining/processing capacity. The certificate should be da ted prior to issue of this Trade Notice.
(ii) Application fee for these application shall be paid according to procedure as per Appendix 2K of Appendices & Aayat Niryat Forms.
(iii) Only one application against one IEC will be considered.
4. The applications will be received between 20.12.2019 to 31.12.2019. The allocation of quota for each eligible applicant shall be notified as per the decision of the EFC under Para 2.51 of the HBP, 2015-20. The EFC, while considering applications, will take into considerations; inter alia, the monthly/ annual refining/processing capacity of the applicant, the quantity applied for by the applicant and the total number of applications received. The total available quota will be distributed equally or the applied quantity, whichever is lower, amongst eligible millers/refiners. DGFT reserves the right to make any changes in allocation as deemed fit at any point of time.
5. It may kindly be noted that on allocation of quota, successful applicants will have to ensure that the import consignments of Urad reaches the Indian ports on or before 31.03.2020. Request for extension of time will not be entertained.
[Issued from File No.M-5012/300/2002/PC-2A/Part-VI/Vol-IIIP-9396]