CFS Thiruvottiyur, Chennai Declared as Customs Area for Handling Import Containers

The following Public Notice was issued by the Commissioner of Customs, 33 Rajaji Salai, Chennai on 6th June 2010.

[Customs Public Notice No. 47 dated 6th June 2010]

Attention of the Steamer Agents, Importers, Exporters and their representatives (Custom House Agents) is invited to this Custom House Public Notice No. 69/93 dated 06.07.93 declaring the Container Freight Station of M/s. Sanco Trans Limited, situated at Thiruvottiyur, Chennai – 600019 as “CUSTOMS AREA” for handling of FCL Import and Export Cargo and addendum issued vide Public Notice No. 103/2005 dated 09.08.2005 and 107/2006 dated 14.07.2006.

In exercise of powers conferred under Sub-section (b) of Section 8 of the Customs Act, 1962 an additional open area measuring 0.442 acres (1790.50 sq. mts) covered under Survey Nos. 168/7,8,9 part of Ernavur Village adjacent to the eastern side of the existing CFS is declared as “CUSTOMS AREA” for the purpose of handling import containers.

Boundaries:

North:   Land bearing R.S. No. 168/6

South:   Sakthipuram Road

East:     Plot No. 5 in land bearing R.S. No. 168/7 part in R.S. No. 68/8

West:    Sanco Trans Ltd. in land bearing R.S. No. 168/7 part in R.S. No. 68/8 and in R.S. No. 168/9 part existing yard declared under P.N. 107/2006.

This Public Notice shall come into effect from 8.6.2010