Drug Licences should be Uploaded on eSanchit for Fast Clearance, Customs Agents to Watch Out
[Mumbai Customs Public Notice No. 81/2020 dated 16.05.2020]
Subject: COVID-19 Facilitation measure - Uploading of License of Drug Controller in e Sanchit for clearance of Pharma items requiring NOC/Approval from Asst Drug Controller.
Attention of the Importers, Trade, Customs Brokers and all the stakeholders is invited to clearance of Pharma items and related items requiring approval from the Asstt. Drug Controller, ACC.
2. In this regard, as a part of the initiatives for ease of doing business, the Central Board of Indirect Tax & Customs, Government of India had taken up implementation of the Single Window Project to facilitate Trade. The Single Window Interface for Trade (SWIFT) facility allows importers and exporters to lodge their clearance documents online at a single point. Required permissions from the regulatory agencies/PGAs are obtained online without the Trade having to approach these agencies. SWIFT has reduced the interface with PGAs, dwell time, and the costs to the Trade. CBIC already has in place the automate Customs clearance processes and electronic data interchange (EDI) connectivity with the regulatory agencies.
3. With effect from 01st April 2016, information required for import clearance by the regulatory agencies concerned had been integrated at single entry point, i.e., the Customs Gateway (ICEGATE) and separate application forms required by different agencies had been dispensed with. Presently, the information required by Customs and the PGAs, automatically routes to the concerned regulating agency for NOC/ clearances, without human intervention.
4. However, in a few instances have come to the fore wherein it was observed that Licenses issued by Drug Controller Authority, Government of India are not being uploaded in eSanchit for clearance of pharmaceutical goods, thereby resulting in increased dwell time, avoidable queries from the officers, and undesired physical interface. A serious view of this has been taken and the importer/ Customs Brokers are directed to ensure that all necessary documents like License, NOC, etc from the Drug Controller required for clearance of pharmaceutical, are uploaded in e Sanchit.
5. All Trade associations/members of Customs Brokers Associations are requested to take note and publicize the contents of this Public Notice among their members/constituents.
6. Difficulty, if any, faced in implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the Additional/Joint Commissioner of Customs, Import, ACC, Mumbai (Email. email@example.com)
F. No. S/3-MISC-PRO-13/2018-19/ ACC(I)