E-Payment through IDBI Bank Authorized for Customs Duty Payment at JNCH
The following Public Notice was issued by the Commissioner of Customs (Import) Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House on 25th August 2010.
[Customs Public Notice No. 83 dated 25th August 2010]
Subject: Inclusion of IDBI Bank in the list of authorized banks for payment of Customs Duty through e-payment mode.
1. Attention of the trade is invited to the Public Notice No 071/1998 dated 04.12.1998, Public Notice No 33/2007 dt. 31.07.2007 and Facility Note No.38/2006 dated 09.06.2006 issued by the Commissioner of Customs (Import), JNCH, regarding payment of Customs duty. In addition to the facility of payment of Customs duty at Bank of India, Nhava Sheva and State Bank of India, Nhava Sheva, a facility of payment of Customs Duty through net banking was also extended to the importers at JNCH.
2. At present, the facility of payment of Customs Duty is being offered by State Bank of India and Bank of India.
3. The Reserve Bank of India has now authorized IDBI Bank for collection of Customs Duty at JNCH Port in addition to the banks mentioned above. The details of the procedure to be followed have already been outlined in the Public Notice no.33/2007
4. The facility of e-payment through IDBI Bank shall commence with immediate effect.
5. In case of any problems in e-Payment, the Importer/ CHA can contact the ICEGATE 24 hour helpdesk by phone at (011) 23370133 or (011) 23379020 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.