Cabinet Approves Signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Kyrgyzstan in the Field of Legal Metrology
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved a Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Legal Metrology between India and Kyrgyzstan on 12 June 2019. The MoU will be signed on the sidelines of SCO from June 13-14, 2019.
· Exchange of information and documents relating to legal metrology;
· Develop training programme for officials and non-officials dealing with the subject of legal metrology;
· Exchange of officials, experts and professionals for mutual cooperation in the area of legal metrology;
· Participation in Seminars, Workshops, Meetings, Attachment Learning Programmes etc. in area of mutual interest, as may be appropriate;
· Establishment of requirements for pre-packaged goods and carrying out the state metrological supervision of pre-packaged goods;
· Review of the status of the rules / regulations on pre-packaged goods.
· Sharing of experience in carrying out of metrological supervision in mutual settlements between producers and consumers.