Pragati Maidan Transit Corridor Project Inaugurated
· Pragati Maidan Revival Boosted
· Competition of Mart in Noida and Dwarka and other Metro Dampens Attraction of Ground
· Domestic Fair around Diwali was big draw for 3 crs NCR Population
· “This is a New India that solves the problems, takes New Pledges and Works Tirelessly to Realize those Pledges”: PM Modi
· Prime Minister says GatiShakti National Master Plan is a medium of Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas
· Piyush Goyal says the Corridor shows PM Modi’s Commitment towards Ease of Living, - “Modi hai to mumkin hai’ (Modi makes it possible)”
· “Tunnel is a Shining example of AatmaNirbhar Bharat”
· Goyal says the time, guidance and concern shown by PM Modi towards this project demonstrates his sensitivities towards the people of Delhi
· PM Modi has given India a place at the high table in the international community as India set the narrative at the recently concluded WTO Ministerial talks
· State-of-the-art convention and exhibition centre will be ready in time for India’s Presidency of the G20 Summit in December next year
The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the main tunnel and five underpasses of Pragati Maidan Integrated Transit Corridor Project in New Delhi on 19 June 2022. The Integrated Transit Corridor project is an integral part of Pragati Maidan Redevelopment Project. Union Ministers Piyush Goyal, Hardeep Singh Puri, Som Prakash, Smt Anupriya Patel and Kaushal Kishore were among those present on the occasion.
Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister called the project a big gift from the central government to the people of Delhi. He said that this tunnel is part of the campaign to transform Pragati Maidan according to the needs of the 21st Century. He recalled the enormity of the challenge in completing the project due to the traffic congestion and the pandemic. He credited the new work culture of New India and workers and engineers for completing the project. “This is a New India that solves the problems, takes new pledges and works tirelessly to realize those pledges”, the Prime Minister said.
Mr. Goyal said the tunnel is a shining example of AatmaNirbhar Bharat as the entire construction and designing of the tunnel has been done by our engineers. “We have undertaken a systematic shift in integrated planning and execution of the civil works during its construction, utility shifting alone is to the tune of Rs 32 crores,” he said.
Mr. Goyal said the tunnel is part of redevelopment plan of ITPO site at Pragati Maidan and this state-of-the-art convention and exhibition centre will be ready in time for India’s Presidency of the G20 Summit in December next year due to be held under the chairmanship of PM Modi. “This facility will showcase to the world India’s capabilities, modernization and sensitivity towards environment,” he said.
Lamenting the callous attitude of the Delhi Government towards the Pragati Maidan Corridor, Mr. Goyal said unfortunately the State Government ignored repeated reminders to fulfill its share of just 20% cost of the project. “When the State Government showed complete alacrity, PM Modi declared that the Central Government will bear the entire cost of the project,” he said.