Membership of EPCES must for All SEZ Units
[Ministry of Commerce and Industry Notification [G.S.R. 771(E)] dated 5th August 2016]
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 55 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 (28 of 2005), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Special Economic Zones Rules, 2006, namely: -
1. Short title and commencement. –
(1) These rules may be called the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Special Economic Zones Rules, 2006 (herein after referred to as the principal rules), in rule 2, in sub rule (1) after clause (zf), the following clause shall be inserted, namely: -
“(zg) “Registration-cum-Membership Certificate” means the membership certificate issued by Export Promotion Council for Export Oriented Units and Special Economic Zones.”.
3. In the principal rules, in rule 22, in sub-rule (1), after clause (iv), the following clause shall be inserted, namely: -
“(v) The Unit or the developer including co-developer shall obtain a Registration-cum-Membership Certificate for availing exemptions, drawbacks and concessions.”.
[F. No. C-2/2/2016-SEZ]