Amendments in Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations 2018
NACIN to Conduct Customs Brokers Exams Online from Year 2019
[Notification No. 08/2019 - Customs (N.T.) dated 6 February 2019]
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 146 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs hereby makes the following regulations to amend the Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations, 2018, namely:-
1. (1) These regulations may be called the Customs Brokers Licensing (Amendment) Regulations, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations, 2018 (hereinafter referred to as the said regulations), for the words and brackets “Directorate General of Performance Management (DGPM)” and “Directorate General of Performance Management”, wherever they occur, the words and brackets, “National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN)” shall respectively be substituted.
3. In the said regulations, in regulation 4, —
(a) in sub- regulation(1), for the word, “April”, the word, “August” shall be substituted;
(b) after sub-regulation(1), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:—
“Provided that in respect of the applications invited by the Directorate General of Performance Management (DGPM) in April, 2018, the online written examination shall be conducted by the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) in the first quarter of the calendar year 2019.”.
4. In the said regulations, in regulation 6, —
(a) in sub-regulation (1), the words and brackets “(preferably online)” shall be omitted;
(b) for sub-regulations (2) and (3), the following sub-regulations shall be substituted, namely:—
“(2) The online written examination shall be conducted by the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) in the first quarter of each calendar year for which intimation shall be sent individually to applicants in advance before the date of examination and the result of the said examination shall be declared preferably within one month of the date of examination.
(3) The applicant who is declared successful in the written examination shall be called for an oral examination on specified dates in the second quarter of the same calendar year, the result of which shall be declared in the month of July of the same calendar year.”.
[F. No. 502/07/2013- Cus.VI]