Self-Certified Copy of Shipping Bill Accepted for Discharge of Export Obligation against Advance Authorisation
· No Need to Wait for Online Verification
[DGFT Policy Circular No: 09 dated 9 July 2018]
Subject: Clarification on acceptance of any copy of Shipping Bill in lieu of EP copy of Shipping Bill for grant of EODC of Advance Authorisation.
Attention is invited towards sub- Para (ii) under heading (a) Documents for physical export in the ANF-4F published vide PN 9 dated 14.05.2018 thereby it was decided to allow self-certified exporter copy of Shipping bill in lieu of EP copy of shipping bills for exports made after 23.11.2016 till such time of online verification facility is made available.
2. Representations have been received from Trade and Industry to allow acceptance of Exchange Control Copy of Shipping Bill in lieu of EP copy of Shipping Bill/ Exporter Copy of Shipping Bill which is prescribed under ANF-4F published vide Public Notice No 9/2015-2020 dated 14 May, 2018.
3. A viewing facility has been made available for RAs to view shipping bill details available in DGFT servers. However, many shipping bills are associated with an Advanced Authorisation and it is difficult at present for RAs to verify from the details available online. The facility is being improved to make it more user-friendly so that physical copy may not be required in future.
4. However, in the interim, in order to reduce transaction cost and for ease of doing business, it has been decided that exporter shall have option to furnish self-certified copy of any copy of shipping bill i.e. Exporter copy/EP Copy/CHA copy/ Exchange Control Copy of shipping bill along with application for EODC in ANF-4F where exports were made on or after 23.11.2016
5. This issues with the approval of DGFT.
File No. 01/94/180/078/AM19/PC-4