Revised Procedure for Scanning of DPD-DPD Mode Containers
The following Public Notice was issued by the Office of the Commissioner of Customs (NS-III), Mumbai Zone-II, Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House, Nhava Sheva
[Public Notice No. 12/2019 dated 6 February 2019]
Subject: - Non functioning of Mobile scanner at Port Terminal; Revised Procedure for scanning of DPD-DPD mode containers.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Port Terminal Operators, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No. 04/2019 dated
04.01.2019 wherein the procedure to be followed for scanning of containers selected for scanning at various scanners has been prescribed.
2. After discontinuation of operation of Mobile Scanner installed inside Port Terminal (JNPCT), Public Notice No. 04/2019 dated 04.01.2019 was issued to inform the procedure to be followed for scanning of container meant for DPD-DPD mode of delivery from Port Terminal. AEO importers have raised issue related to substantial increase in clearance cost and release time of DPD Containers selected for scanning at location outside the Port Terminals. Number of representations containing complain of abnormal charges by CFS for such scanning have been submitted with evidence in the office of Chief Commissioner Zone- II Mumbai. Further M/s CONCOR, who were evacuating DPD-DPD mode container thro’ Rail from Port Terminal have also submitted operational constraint due to scanning of DPD- DPD containers at DTS in CFS vehicle and have requested to allow their own vehicle for this purpose.
3. The representation of AEO clients and M/s CONCOR have been examined. In order to further facilitate the accredited AEO importers without entailment of additional cost and time, following procedure for scanning of DPD-DPD mode Container is being prescribed.
a) If any container of the AEO Importer (T1, T2 and T3) availing DPD-DPD mode of Delivery is selected for scanning, Terminal will allow entry of Vehicle (Trailer) of AEO importer for evacuation/ pickup of DPD container for scanning at DTS on the basis of endorsement made by Custom Officer on the Delivery Order obtained from Shipping Lines.
b) The Custom Officer posted at Terminal shall make endorsement on Delivery Order after verification of copy of AEO certificate or from the list of AEO clients available at CBIC website http://www.cbic.gov.in/htdocs-cbec/home_links/india-aeo-prgm
c) The AEO T1 Importers availing DPD-DPD facility, have to submit Bond equivalent to the value of goods for each consignment at Customs Boarding Office of Terminal, making them responsible for Safety and Security of Cargo in addition to the Revenue involved while transporting Containers from Terminals of JNCH to the Drive through Scanner (DTS) site located near PUB at JNCH. Such Bond shall be cancelled by Boarding Officer after production of Scan Clean report from CSD and Customs Out of Charge for that particular consignment from RMS Facilitation Centre at JNCH.
4. In case M/s CONCOR is the authorised Carrier of Importer for his DPD-DPD mode of delivery through Rail route from Port Terminal, the following procedure shall be adopted:-
a. The Container selected for scanning will move to the Drive Through Scanner in CONCOR vehicle.
b. The CONCOR will undertake the responsibility of movement from Port to Drive through Scanner for scanning Purpose against Import Continuity Carrier Bond submitted at JNCH. M/s CONCOR have to furnish detail of above Bond to the Boarding office at Terminal.
c. If the container has scan clean report, the same will be brought back to Port Terminal and loaded in rack for delivery after Out of Charge by Customs at RMS Facilitation Centre in Custom House.
d. In case the scan image is suspicious and not clean then the container selected for Scanning along with all other containers of that particular consignment has to be shifted to CFS of importer’s choice for detailed examination. Further action for such consignments shall be taken by Customs authority of the said CFS.
5. The Public Notice No. 04/2019 dt. 04.01.2019 stands modified to the above extent only.
6. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of DPD Cell, NS-III (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of CSD, NS-III (email address: email@example.com).
7. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers and staff.
F. No. S/22-Gen-26/2018-19/DPD Cell/JNCH