Containers Leave ICD without Due Process of Registration and Issue of LEO of the Shipping Bills
The following Public Notice was issued by the Office of the Commissioner of Customs (Ns-II), Mumbai Zone-II, Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House, Nhava Sheva
[Public Notice No. 13/2019 dated 06.02.2019]
Subject: Standard Operating Procedure consequent to commencement of “Document Processing Area” in the Parking Plaza and Gate Automation for Export & Import through NSICT/NSIGT, GTI & JNPCT.
Attention of the exporters, custom brokers, all stakeholders & all officers is invited to the Public Notice Nos.163/2016, dated 01.12.2016, 78/2018 dated 11.05.2018 & Standing Order No. 76/2016 dated 01.12.2016 issued by this custom house, on the above mentioned subject.
2. It has been noticed that, the procedure elaborated in the subject P.N.s/S.O. is not being followed properly. As per laid down procedure the exporters should, after verification of RFID seal, submit all pertinent documents to the custom officials & LEO should be issued if documents are found to be in order. Simultaneously, they will give clearance in terminal’s TOS on a separate PC.
3. However, it has been noticed that, after RFID seal verification, sometimes the containers are moved to the buffer yard of CFS and the process of registration and LEO from that particular CFS on the basis of ‘seal intact’ certification of parking plaza officers are being done. This process is not in confirmation to any public notice or instructions.
4. Therefore, it is directed that, officers posted at CFS’s shall not register shipping bills and issue LEO for the self-sealed containers on the basis of Seal Intact certification from the parking plazas and all other containers shall be processed only through parking plazas. Only those containers which are selected by the system for open & examination, or where there is seal mismatch shall be processed for LEO at CFS.
5. It is further directed that, custodians of the parking plaza’s shall ensure that no containers shall leave parking plaza premises without the due process of registration and issue of LEO in respect of the shipping bill.
6. Only in exceptional cases/circumstances such as vessel missed, self- sealed containers can be taken out of parking plazas for keeping stored in the buffer yard/CFS with prior permission/ approval of Dy Commissioner in-charge of parking plaza who shall accord such permission after verifying genuineness of the case on merit.
7. The contents of this public notice shall operate as a standing order so far as officers and staff of Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House are concerned.
8. Difficulty, if any, may also be brought to the notice of Deputy Commissioner in charge of Parking Plaza through email / phone (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone No : 022-27244979).
F. No. S/12-Gen/Misc -07/2018-19/ AM (X)