Procedure for Online Filing of DFIA Exports with Customs and DGFT from 13 Oct 2011
The following Public Notice was issued by the Commissioner of Customs (Export) EDI Section, JNCH on 24 October, 2011.
[Ref: Public Notice No. 130 dated 24 October 2011]
Subject: Online Transmission of Duty Free Import Authorization issued between Customs and DGFT
Attention of the CHA/ Import-Export trade is invited to the Public Notice (s)/Office Order (s) No. 86/2011, dated 10.06.2011 wherein procedure relating to registration of Authorization issued under Duty Free Import Authorization Scheme (hereinafter referred to as “the DFIA”) has been laid down. In terms of these Public Notice (s)/Office Order (s), various procedures related to imports and exports under above Scheme like registration, monitoring of exports obligation, verification and redemption of bonds/LUTs etc. are carried out manually at this port.
2. It is to bring to the notice of all concern that the procedures for online transmission of Shipping Bills to DGFT and online receipt of Duty Free Import Authorization (DFIA) from DGFT to Customs through an Electronic Message Exchange System at this port is going to be operational w.e.f. 13th October, 2011. The new procedure would be applicable in respect of file nos./Authorizations issued under Duty Free Import Authorization Scheme for Exports and Imports in respect of all Authorizations for all EDI and non-EDI ports of registration including this port.
3. As per the new procedure, if the exporter wants to file Shipping Bill under Duty Free Import Authorization Scheme (DFIA), he has to provide simply DFIA details in the column prescribed under revised format. After implementation of online DFIA License, communication with the DGFT regarding Shipping Bills under this scheme would be online. For this purpose, the Exporters have to send the DFIA details in License Table. For updated format please refer to the document in ICEGATE. The revised RES Package has been made available to the user on website http:\\http://www.ices.nic.in/.
4. It is further to bring to the notice of all concerns that the CHAs or the exporters who want to file their export documents through Service Centre under Duty Free Import Authorization Scheme, have to provide simply DFIA details in the prescribed column of Annexure – A declaration like any other licenses and not to provide details in the table as was prescribed earlier.
5. In case of export, the Authorization/File Number issued by the DGFT on or after 13th October, 2011 will be automatically available in the ICES 1.5 at the Customs House from the date of implementation of the revised procedure. The Exporter is required to quote file no./ Authorization no. at the time of filling of the Shipping Bill against these Authorization.
6. In case of Import under DFIA, the Authorization issued by the DGFT on or after the date assigned, would be automatically available in the ICES 1.5 at the Customs House from the date of implementation of the revised procedures. For this purpose the importers are required to quote the Authorization No. at the time of filing of Bills of Entry against such licenses.
7. For monitoring of export obligation under subject Authorization issued by DGFT under above mentioned schemes, the Customs would transmit online the Shipping Bills to DGFT wherever exports have been affected under the Authorizations received online from DGFT. The DGFT would furnish Export Obligation Discharge Certificate (EODC) in prescribed format containing details of Shipping Bills to Customs and based on this EODC, the designated officer at this port would release the bonds / LUTs and the BG, if any, after causing necessary verifications.
8. For any amendment under DFIA issued under above schemes by DGFT, importer would obtain a log print of usage of license in prescribed format. DGFT would process amendment(s) of the DFIA based on log print of usage of license issued by Customs and transmit online the necessary amendment(s) of license to Customs. No imports under such Authorization would be allowed after issuance of log print till the amendment message is received from DGFT.
9. The procedures as prescribed in Public Notice/Office Order No 86/2011, dated 10.06.2011 including that of manual registration of file nos./Authorizations would continue to be followed in case of file nos./Authorizations issued under this Scheme prior to the date assigned for Online transmission of Authorization i.e. 13th October, 2011.
10. Any difficulty faced by the Trade in implementing the above may be brought to the notice of the undersigned immediately.
F. No. EDI/Misc-230/2011 JNCH Date 24.10.2011