Entry in Appraising Hall of New Customs House at Delhi only thru Biometric Smart Cards made by Private Persons and Issued by Customs
[Public Notice No. 22/2018 dated 07.08.2018]
The following Public Notice issued by Commissioner of Customs, ACC Import Commissionerate, IGI Airport, New Delhi.
All the Customs Brokers, Importers, other stake holders and members of the trade are hereby informed that it is decided to install Smartcard-Biometric enabled turnstile-gate in Appraising Hall on the first floor at New Customs House, New Delhi. This would be operational w.e.f. 14th August 2018.
2. With the installation of Smartcard-Biometric enabled turnstile-gate in the Appraising Hall in New Custom House, only persons holding smartcard shall have access to the Appraising Hall.
3. By virtue of mandatory uploading of all relevant import documents on e SANCHIT portal for paperless processing in import documentation, the need - for physical interaction of trade with the appraising officers has been brought to a minimal level. Nevertheless, there comes a situation in rare cases, when the trade feels necessary to interact with/explain to the Appraising Officers. However, with the installation of Smartcard-Biometric enabled turnstile-gate in the Appraising Hall, entry will be restricted to bonafide card holders.
4. Custom Broker possessing 'F' card, their 'G' card holders, Importer/employee etc who require to visit Appraising Hall for their company's/official work may get themselves registered to get smartcard issued. Relevant data in respect of 'F' & 'G' cards issued by the Customs Delhi Zone has been provided by Airport & General Commissionerate, New Custom House, New Delhi.
5. The competent authority to issue aforementioned smartcard is Assistant/Deputy Commissioner of Customs (P&V), located in room no. 143 at 1st Floor in New Customs House, New Delhi.
6. It is informed that aforementioned Smartcard will be issued after payment of Rs.425/-along with applicable GST, to the account no. 915020013808421, IFSC Code UTIB0001359, AXIS Bank of M/s RVR Utility Infra Pvt Ltd, New Delhi (Service Provider). Payment can be made online vide debit card/ credit card/ Paytm. No payment vide cash /Cheque /Demand Draft will be accepted for issuance of the card.
7. It is also informed that Biometric Smartcard is Nontransferable and in case of loss of the card, the same should be reported to the Asstt./Deputy Commissioner of Customs (P&V), ACC- IMPORT Commissionerate, New Customs House, New Delhi. Card can be reissued on payment of usual fee of Rs. 425/-a long with applicable GST.