Customs Relaxations in Corona Lockdown Period Extended to 3 May 2020 from 20.04.2020
[Public Notice No.30/2020 dated 20.04.2020]
Inland Container Depot Patparganj, Delhi issued the following Public Notice on 20 April 2020.
Sub: Relaxation to Custom Brokers/Importers w.r.t. Customs procedures in view of extension of lockdown
Attention of the importers, exporters, Custom Brokers and all stakeholders is invited to Public Notice No. 29/2020 dated 15.04.2020 vide which relaxations given to the trade through Public Notice Nos. 21/2020, 22/2020 and 23/2020 dated 25.03.2020, 28.03.2020 and 30.03.2020 respectively w.r.t. Customs procedures due to ongoing lockdown in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic were extended till19.04.2020.
2. In this regard, attention is invited to consolidated revised guidelines issued by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) vide Order No.40-3/2020-DM-1 (A) dated 15.04.2020 vide which certain activities as detailed in Para 5 to 12 of the said guidelines have been allowed w.e.f. 20.04.2020. However, such activities will not be allowed in the hotspots & containment zones demarcated by States/UTs/District administrations as per the guidelines of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW).
3. Such importers who aren't able to operate due to above guidelines, the relaxations provided vide above mentioned Public Notices shall continue till 03.05.2020.
4. For others who are given relaxations to operate as per the guidelines, the relaxations given vide above mentioned Public Notices shall be available only till 26.04.2020, as a transition measure. Such importers should take delivery of goods, so that the ports remain non-congested.
5. All trade associations/members of Customs Brokers Association are requested to take note and publicize the contents of this Public Notice among their members/constituents.
6. For the departmental officers, this may be treated as Standing Order.
7. Difficulties, if any, may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
This issues with the approval of Commissioner of Customs, ICD PPG & other ICDs
C. No. VIII/ 6/HO/ICD/PPG/Reg. Comp/Public Notice/03/2020