ICD Patparganj Notifies CE Empanelment Procedure – Only DGFT Approved Engineers to Apply
[Patparganj & Other ICDs Public Notice No. 34 dated 5th October 2018]
Sub: Empanelment of Chartered Engineers for valuation of Second Hand Machinery/ Goods in the Office of the Commissioner of ICD Patparganj and other ICDs, Delhi – Calling for application.
In partial modification to earlier Public Notice No. 30/2018
dated 28.08.2018,it is brought
2. Accordingly, applications are hereby invited from the Chartered Engineers for the above purpose. Applications may be submitted in the enclosed proforma on or before the extended date of 09 November 2018. The copies of the relevant certificates issued by the institution of Engineers, Institution of Valuers, Income Tax Department, Valuation of Bank Property and all Certificates of experience may be enclosed. The applications may be submitted to the Commissioner of Customs, ICD PPG and Other ICDs, Delhi in a sealed cover for further scrutiny and evaluation.
3. All the applications will be scrutinized and evaluated by a committee formed for the purpose. After scrutiny and evaluation, the applications will be referred to Institute of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata-700020 for their eligibility of valuation of second hand/ used machinery etc. The committee will decide the suitability of Chartered Engineers for empanelment.
4. The panel shall be valid for one year and will be reviewed thereafter. Preference will be given to the persons having specialization in the particular branch/field of engineering based on the work experience.
5. The empanelled Chartered Engineers would be in addition to the Inspection/Certificate Agencies notified by DGFT in the Hand Book of Procedures (2015-2020) Volume-1 as amended from time to time. Submission of any wrong information would result in cancellation of Candidature/Membership of the panel and also attract penal provisions under the Customs Act. The submission of application does not bestow any right for selection.
6. On empanelment of Chartered Engineers, it is proposed to issue a Public Notice giving names and addresses of Chartered Engineers who can be contacted by the trade for issue of Chartered Engineers Certificate as per Central Board of Excise & Customs Circular 04/2008 dated 12.02.2008. On selection, such Chartered Engineers have to submit half yearly Self-Appraisal Report as per the prescribed format enclosed with the subsequent Public Notice, to assess their performance to decide whether they are fit to continue or not. All the Trade Associations/Chamber of Commerce/Members of Regional Advisory Committees and Customs Broker's (CB's) Association are requested to publicize the contents of this Notice amongst their members/constituents.
[VIII(6)ICD/PPG/Tech/PN/Chartered Engr/230/2016/24739 to 24762]