Email Bill of Entry for Warehousing Allowed upto 7 May 2020
[Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House Public Notice No. 45 dated 7th April 2020]
Sub.: Relaxation in the procedure for IN-Bonding of Cargo filed under Warehouse Bills of Entry.
Attention of the Importers, Trade, Custom Brokers and all the stake holders is invited to CBIC Circular No. 17/2020 – Customs Dated. 03.04.2020 and PN No. 41/2020 dated 03.04.2020 of JNCH on the subject of “Measures to facilitate trade during the lockdown period – Section 143 AA of the Customs Act, 1962”.
2. Public Notice No. 41/2020 Dated 03.04.202 issued by this office, categorizes the conditions for relaxation of the requirement to submit the Bond prescribed under section 18, Section 59 and Section 143 of the Customs Act, 1962.
3. On account of lockdown due to COVID-19, the physical submission of documents and undertaking is not possible. Therefore, the following procedures for In-bonding of the goods imported under warehouse Bills of Entry is laid down:
(a) The Importer/Custom Brokers should submit the request letter/ Undertaking signed by the IEC holder on the business letterhead, as prescribed under Public Notice No. 41/2020 Dated 03.04.2020 from their registered email-ids on given below emails:
(b) The undertaking should be accompanied with Space Certificate issued by the warehouse keeper and the copy /screenshot of the warehouse Bills of Entry.
(c) The copy of IEC registration and ID proof of the IEC holder for signature verification should also be submitted online at the given email addresses.
(d) Security such as Transit Insurance, wherever required, shall be furnished online on the above mentioned mail addresses.
(e) On the basis of the documents submitted online by the Importers/Authorized Customs Brokers, the request of Importer will be processed and Into- Bond Numbers/ Job number will be created in the system based on the warehouse Bill of entry details. The said Bond number so generated will be intimated to the importers / authorized Custom Brokers through the above mentioned e-mail ids. The Job number so generated would be accepted by AC/DC Bond and the concerned TA/STA would assign the Bond number for the respective Bill of entry in the system itself.
(f) The concerned TA/STA/Supdt.(Bond) would maintain a separate register for keeping the records of such requests received online so as to keep watch on compliance of execution of proper bond by the importers at the appropriate time.
4. Importers availing this facility shall ensure that the undertaking furnished in view of bond is duly replaced with a proper bond before the stipulated period i. e. 07.05.2020. Import Bond section shall maintain a record of all cases of relaxation allowed by them.
5. Difficulty if any, faced in the implementation in of the Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the Joint Commissioner (Bond) Shri Shokender Kumar at mobile number 9840811516 and email id email@example.com.
6. Action to be taken in terms of decisions conveyed in this Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of the Officers.