Electronic Sealing of Containers from All Ports and ICDs Mandatory from 1 April 2018
[Ref: Circular No. 51/2017-Customs dated 21 December 2017]
Subject: Implementing Electronic Sealing for Containers by exporters under self-sealing procedure by Circular 26/2017-Cus dated 01.07.2017, 36/2017 dated 28.08.2017, 37/2017 dated 20.09.2017, 41/2017 dated 30-10-2017 and 44/2017 dated 18-11-2017.
The Board has received representations from field formations and other stakeholders for relaxing the requirement for mandatory e- sealing in view of insufficient stock of e-seals with the empaneled vendors.
2. Taking this into consideration, Board has decided the following:
(i) All entitled Exporters who have acquired RFID e-seals and are stuffing containers at approved premises for export through Ports I ICDs where facilities for readers are available shall be free to continue I adopt the new e-sealing procedure. Essentially, this implies that the procedure is voluntary till1st March, 2018.
(ii) Further, with effect from 1st March, 2018 the procedure shall become mandatory in respect of the exporters who have been permitted self-sealing facilities under erstwhile procedures and AEO exporters or availing supervised stuffing at their premises for the following locations:
1. JNCH, Nhava Sheva (INNSA1)
2. Chennai Port (INMAA1)
3. Mundra Port (INMUN1)
4. Hazira Port (INHZAl)
5. Cochin Port (INCOKl)
6. Kattupalli, Port (INKATl)
7. Kolkata Port (INCCU1)
8. lCD Tughlakabad (INTKD6)
9. Tuticorin Port (INTUT1)
10. Pipavav Port (INPAV1)
11. Vishakhapatnam Port (INVTZ1)
12. Krishnapatnam Port (INKRI1)
13. lCD Bangalore (INWFD6)
14. lCD Tirupur ( INCHE6)
15. lCD Ludhiana (INLDH6)
(iii) E-sealing procedure for all Ports/ICDs other than above 15 locations will be mandatory with effect from 1st April, 2018
3. It is reiterated that the exporters who have already switched to e-sealing procedure may continue with the new procedure and those exporters who intend to voluntarily adopt e-sealing procedure are free to do so, if the readers are in place at the Customs station of export. Exporters already availing stuffing under officer supervision shall continue to enjoy the facility till the date e-sealing becomes mandatory at the port/ICD from where they are exporting containers.
4. Difficulties if any should be brought to the notice of the Board.
F. No: 45010812015-Cus.IV