10% Import Consignments under Sample Check in Nhava Sheva CFSs
The following Standing Order was issued by the Commissioner of Customs (Imports) Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House on 25th July 2011.
[Customs Standing Order No. 58 dated 25th July 2011]
Sub: Examination of Import cargo at the CFSs.
Attention of all the Officers / Staff posted in the Import Docks (Container Freight Stations in the jurisdiction of the Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House) is invited to Standing Order No. 07/2009 dated 17/02/2009 on the above subject. As per para 7 of the said SO, it was directed that the DC/AC in charge of the CFS shall conduct sample checking of 5% of the consignments selected on random basis from the B/E registered for examination on a daily basis to check for any discrepancy.
2. In partial modification of the said instructions, it has been decided that DC/AC shall conduct sample checking of 10% Bs/E registered for examination on a daily basis to check for any discrepancy. For example if 100 documents are registered in a CFS, they shall examine at least 10 documents. Though this 10% selection can be done on random basis, the following items should be taken up for examination in particular, if they have been registered for examination;
1) Items requiring verification of DGFT Notification RE 44(2004-09) compliance
2) Stock Lot of Plastics viz films, etc.
3) Mobile accessories
4) Computer parts
5) Water filters
6) Automobile parts imported by other than actual users
7) Water bottles and flasks
8) Gift articles such as lighting fixtures, glassware, etc.
9) DEPB documents having mixed consumer items
10) Items attracting Anti-Dumping duty such as CFL lamps
The Bs/E selected by the DC / AC should be rounded off and duly initialed by him in the registration register of the Bs/E maintained by the appraising officer / superintendent. A list of Bs/E so examined shall be forwarded to JC/ADC (Docks) every week for information.It may also be noted that this examination shall be done over and above the examination that is mandatorily done under DC/AC supervision.
F.No. S/6-Gen 41/011TLP (Imp) Docks