Online Submission of Performance Appraisal Reports
[Press Note dated 15 May 2019]
Subject: Implementation of project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’ for online writing of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) in SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window) for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Officers of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC), Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India.
1. Online writing of APARs in SPARROW for IRS (C&CE) Officers has already been implemented w.e.f. 2016-17.
2. As part of CBIC’s constant endeavor for better HR management, online writing of APARs in SPARROW has now been launched for over 46000 Group B & C officers of CBIC, working in its various formations all across the country.
3. The project has been inaugurated by Shri P.K.Das, Chairman, CBIC today on 15.05.2019 from the Board Office, North Block, New Delhi in presence of Member (Admn)-CBIC Shri A.K. Pandey, and officers of DGHRM-CBIC.
4. Directorate General of Human Resource Management (DGHRM), the HR arm of CBIC is the implementing agency of this ambitious project. It is being implemented in over 400 formations of CBIC across the country.
5. SPARROW-CBIC is one of its kind in terms of Scale/ number of employees covered as far as Central Government Departments are concerned. It brings a complete change in APAR management of such large number of Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ Officers/ Staff of CBIC, which would, in turn, lead to better HR Management.
6. This project leverages modern technology for enhancing the overall efficiency and morale of the huge workforce working in Central GST and Customs formations of CBIC. The project is an important milestone in the journey towards digitisation and paper less working.