Stock Limits of Pulses Revised Upwards
· Wholesalers Stock 500 MT to 200MT
· No limit for Importers
· Rule to Lapse on 31 Oct 2021
[Department of Consumer Affairs Order S.O. 2871(E) dated 19 July 2021]
S.O. 2871(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955) and in supersession of S.O. 2674(E), dated the 02.07.2021, Central Government hereby makes the following order further to amend the Removal of Licensing Requirements, Stock Limits and Movement Restrictions on Specified Foodstuffs Order, 2016, namely:–
1. Short Title and Commencement-
1. This order may be called the Removal of Licensing Requirements, Stock Limits and Movement Restrictions on Specified Foodstuffs (Second Amendment) Order, 2021.
2. It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. In the Removal of Licensing Requirements, Stock Limits and Movement Restrictions on Specified Foodstuffs Order, 2016, in clause 3, in sub-clause(2), the item (i) is substituted by the following:-
(i) Pulses namely tur, masoor, urad, chana, for a period up to 31st October 2021 with following stock limits for all States and Union Territories;
· Wholesaler: 500 MT (subject to condition that there should not be more than 200 MT of one variety)
· Retailer: 5 MT
· Millers: Stock limits will be last 6 months production or 50% of annual installed capacity, whichever is higher.”
3. Respective legal entities, as above, shall declare the same on the portal (fcainfoweb.nic.in) of Department of Consumer Affairs and in case the stocks held by them are higher than the prescribed limits then they shall bring it to the prescribed stock limits within 30 days of issue of this notification.
4. Nothing contained in this Order shall be applicable to import of pulses:
Provided that importers shall declare stocks of pulses on the portal (fcainfoweb.nic.in) of Department of Consumer Affairs.
[F. No. S-10/4/2016-ECR&E]